Best Crossover Vehicles of 2020
Thinking of ditching your old vehicle for a better ride? Check out new 2017 Crossover vehicles.
Families still clamored for big vehicles, so crossovers came into play. Some of them look like taller station wagons; others would be better described as miniature or compact SUVs. The SUV-esque bodies are based on car platforms, with unibody construction.
Most Popular Crossover Vehicles
Crossovers' many perks have helped prop up the automotive sector. In fact, even as the auto industry began its decline, crossovers were one of the few growing segments. Now, small SUV growth is outpacing standard-size SUVs.
Best Crossover Models
There are so many options when it comes to vehicle styles and models. When deciding on the model you want to purchase, it's all about personal preference. If you need more room for windshield visibility or trunk space, there is a crossover for you.
Crossover Versus SUVA crossover is based on a car's platform, while an SUV uses the chassis of a truck. The result is that crossovers use "unibody" architecture, meaning the body and frame are one piece, while SUVs use a "body on frame" design. In that case, the body is built separately from the frame and placed together later.
Top 5 Crossover Vehicles of 2020
Each of these top 5 crossover vehicles of 2020 vary in the mpg, features and even look. It is best to test drive them if there are a few that you are in between in the buying process. You might find that one crossover is more comfortable to drive than the next.
1. 2020 Mazda CX-5: This crossover has combined 26 MPG with 24 MPG in the city and 30 MPG on the highway. The price starts at $28,000.
2. 2020 Honda HR-V: The Honda HR-V has combined 30 MPG with 28 MPG in the city and 34 MPG on the highway. The price starts at $24,000.
3. 2020 Subaru Crosstrek: The Crosstrek has combined 25 MPG with 23 MPG in the city and 29 on the highway. The pricing for the Crosstrek starts at $28,000.
4. 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLC: The GLC has combined 24 MPG with 21 MPG in the city and 28 on the highway. The price for this model starts at $44,000.
5. 2020 Acura MDX: The MDX has combined 23 MPG with 20 MPG in the city and 27 on the highway. The MDX pricing starts at $45,000.
Make sure to shop around with crossover models as each one has different pricing and features available.
Shopping for a Used Crossover?
Most people shy away from buying a brand new car off the lot. The reason for this is most cars lose value the minute they are driven off the dealership lot. Due to that, it is best to shop around for used vehicles as well. You could actually find used 2020 crossover vehicles. Some of the best places to start when shopping for a used crossover vehicle is used car dealerships such as Car Guru, Car Max and True Car. Make sure to take a look there before you visit other car dealership.